Rules and Regulations
Article 1 : Race Categories
- 1.1 The following categories will be offered at all NEPCX events:
- Elite/U23 Men
- Elite/U23 Women
- 1.1.1 The entries fees for participation in the above categories will be as follows:
- Elite/U23 Men – $45
- $45Elite/U23 Women - $40
- 1.1.2 For those races that wish to equate the women’s prize list with the men’s; the men’s race fee can be charged for the women’s race.
- 1.1.3 The distances for the races will be set to the maximum time allowed by UCI rules.
- 1.2 Pre-registration will be required for all riders participating in NEPCX events.
- 1.3 All NEPCX races will be sanctioned by USA Cycling and have been granted a place on the current UCI cyclo-cross calendar.
- 1.4 All participants in NEPCX races must possess a USAC International or UCI license in order to enter the events.
Article 2 : Prize Lists
- 2.1 The individual prize lists for the elite men, elite women, and U23 (if offered separately) will at least equate to the current year’s UCI guidelines for minimum amounts and depth of prizes to be awarded.
- 2.2 The top 3 riders in each race and/or class are expected to report to the awards ceremony area immediately after the conclusion of their race. Failure to do will result in the loss of daily prize money and/or series points, to be determined on a case-by-case basis by the series Competition Director.
- 2.3 Overall series prize lists will be as follows:
Place Elite Men Elite Women 1 1500 1500 2 1250 1250 3 1000 1000 4 750 750 5 500 500
- 2.3.1 There will be an award ceremony for the top 5 series overall elite men and women, plus the top 3 U23 men and women, immediately after the daily podium ceremony at the last race of the season. Riders must be present at this ceremony in order to collect series prizes.
Article 3: Race Schedule
- 3.1 With the understanding that NEPCX races will be held on the same day and venue as other local categories and classes, the NEPCX races should be scheduled at the end of the day’s calendar, with at minimum 30 minutes between the projected end of the previous race and staging of the first NEPCX race. This is to allow for proper warmup of the riders and time for race staff to maintain the course to proper racing conditions if necessary.
- 3.2 A timeline for scheduling NEPCX races is provided below:
- End of previous local/regional race.
- Minimum 30 minute rider warm-up, course clean-up period.
- 5 minute “call to staging” period for announcers to call riders to staging.
- 10 minute pre-staging period, where bicycle inspections are performed subject to UCI Commissaire protocol.
- 5 minute staging period, where announcers produce and conduct the callups for riders with UCI points.
- Brief period to instruct riders, followed by start of race.
- After finish of race, podium ceremonies will be held for race during the warmup time for the next field (immediately after finish if last field of day).
- 3.2.1 This timeline should be followed for each NEPCX field held during an event. Races held after the end of Daylight Savings Time will be given some leeway to these guidelines based on the amount of daylight available to hold all these procedures before twilight.
Article 4: Points Schedule
- 4.1 Series Points are tallied for and a leader’s jersey awarded after each event to:
- Elite Men
- U23 Men
- Elite Women
- U23 Women
- 4.1.1 Riders must be present for the awarding of the leaders’ jerseys immediately following the podium presentation of the individual round. Failure to do so will result in a $200 fine and/or loss of overall series prize eligibility and/or a deduction of 50 series points. All penalties will be determined by NEPCX staff on a case-by-case basis as appropriate. Riders are not obligated to wear the Series leader’s jersey during the races themselves.
- 4.2 Riders participating in NEPCX events will receive the following points for each event in the series:
Place Elite Men Elite Women U23 Men U23 Women 1 40 40 40 40 2 30 30 30 30 3 20 20 20 20 4 15 15 15 15 5 10 10 10 10 6 8 8 8 8 7 6 6 6 6 8 4 4 4 4 9 2 2 2 2 10 1 1 1 1
- 4.3 All NEPCX races will count towards the overall standings; no dropped rounds will be allowed.
- 4.4 Any ties in NEPCX points standings will be broken by placing in the latest event.
Article 5: Call-up Procedures
- 5.1 After the registration period has completed, a call-up list will be produced and posted to the series website for riders to view. Once the list is posted on the series website, no changes to the list will be allowed without permission from the Competition Director and/or UCI Commissaire.
- 5.2 The order of call-ups will be determined based on current UCI rules and regulations.
- 5.3 Riders that report to the staging area less than 15 minutes before the start of the event may lose their position in the start grid, subject to final decision of the UCI Commissaire.
Article 6 : Anti-Doping
- 6.1 All NEPCX events will be subject to anti-doping controls as orchestrated by the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA).
- 6.2 All riders should expect to be selected for anti-doping, and be ready to report to the USADA Control Area for testing immediately after your finish. Failure to report within 30 minutes of your finish may result in penalties accessed by USA Cycling and/or the UCI.
Article 7: Pit Access
- 7.1 Riders are allowed one (1) person to assist them in the pit area during their event.
- 7.2 This person must report to registration to be accredited and given a badge to wear to gain access to the pit area.
- 7.2.1 Persons without accreditation will not be allowed in the pit area under any circumstances.
- 7.2.2 Persons may only be in the pit area during the event for which their riders is participating.